Monday, August 20, 2018

Women Entrepreneurs


I think women in our country and I can only speak for our country, over the last two decades have gone through an amazing phase of denying who they are to being extremely proud of who they are. And the first part of that is recognising and accepting the fact that you are a woman.
The exposure levels which we went through versus others in that generation, my mother and uh were very different. The value system was probably the same, but the upbringing style, the exposure levels, the accessibility to the world at large, today world is one.
My mother’s generation was the first generation post independent India. The social fabric did not encourage women to go out there and work. We were perhaps the first generation of women CEOs who have made a mark for themselves and we’ve opened up the society to make attitudinal changes.
I grew up in an environment where I was entirely comfortable and had no itching under my skin or wanting to be superior to anybody. I just knew as a given that I was brought up in an environment where being a woman was not a disadvantage and being a woman was not an advantage. We simply had to do what you had to do as a person and accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment